Ask the Expert: What is the difference between the TURP and HoLEP procedures for BPH?

TURP and HoLEP are some of the most common procedures performed to relieve the urinary symptoms experienced by men caused by an enlarged prostate (BPH). One of our viewers wanted to understand the difference between the two procedures. We asked Dr Amy Krambeck, professor of Urology at Northwestern to explain. Here was her response.